Research Rookies allows undergraduate first-year, sophomore and first-semester transfer students to work alongside faculty mentors in their major or area of interest to conduct a small-scale research project. No matter what your college, department or major, you can apply to be a Research Rookie! We strongly encourage students of diverse backgrounds, including underrepresented minority students, students from economically disadvantaged and underserved backgrounds and students with disabilities to apply.
As a Research Rookie, you will:
- Learn what research looks like in your field of study
- Learn how to write a formal research proposal
- Gain experience working alongside talented faculty
- Attend professional and academic enrichment activities
- Present your work at the annual Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day
- Receive a $500 stipend at the completion of the program
If you are highly motivated, participating in Research Rookies is the perfect way for you to connect with fellow Huskies as well as with supportive faculty and staff!
Research Rookies must be:
- An incoming freshman, sophomore or first-semester transfer student
- Committed to 5-10 hours per week
- Committed to participate in the program for two consecutive semesters (fall and spring)
- Strongly committed to an intended major or area of interest
- 2.75 GPA